Child Support

Under Florida’s child support statutory guidelines, support is determined by examining both parents’ income. Child support is then calculated by the statutory formula.

Commonly Asked Questions About Child Support

Below are some general questions and answers about child support issues in Florida. Contact us to discuss your specific situation.

Question: How can I force my ex to pay court-ordered child support?

Answer: The court usually retains the authority to enforce its orders. A motion for contempt or to enforce orders is usually brought before the court.

Question: What can be done to force a parent to have contact with his or her children and he or she just doesn’t have the contact?

Answer: In this type of situation, it might be better to modify the visitation schedule rather than to enforce it.

Comments are closed.